Why? Why? Whyyyyy?

Why would anyone go over to someone's house knowing they are sick and could possibly infect all of said inhabitants of house?  One of whom is a little girl?

I say this as someone whose "friend" came over, sort of invited as in hey stop by when you get the chance, but definitely would not have been if she had mentioned she has spent the last few days "fighting something off" and coughing all over myself and my kids.

So, baby girl is currently sleeping with a fever and I feel not so hot.  Hubba-hubba, at work, reports a sore throat.

All after spending nearly the entire month of January being sick, and so very happy we had finally pulled out of it.

Gah.

I mean, I realize that sickness is a part of life and all, but don't come into my house if you know you are infectious!

Is it really that difficult?

Comments

marvel said…
Oooooo that's rude. My girls' friends' mothers are scrupulous about informing us before playdates whether anyone has been coughing/sneezing/febrile/vomiting etc so that everyone has the option of postponing said playdates to avoid contagion.

Ibuprofen/Tylenol, plenty of fluids, plenty of rest. ;) And I hope everyone feels better soon!
Anvilcloud said…
It's been a somewhat frustrating winter here, healthwise.
Ted said…
Perhaps it's the same mentality of people show up to work sick because "I've got a lot of work to do." Great. Now, if we all get sick, there will be a lot of work to do, and no one to do it.

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

All I Saw was a Beard and a Moustache