Mickey's Halloween Par-tay

You know, one of the few perks of being a blogger is the fact that sometimes, you get some fantastic swag, and even though many people wouldn't necessarily consider tickets to Disneyland swag, I do. I'd take an experience at Disneyland over cereal or detergent samples any day, even if I got free cereal or detergent every month.

I was lucky enough to be invited to Mickey's Halloween Party, this year happening at Disneyland proper rather than California Adventure, where it has been held for the past few years.

Being the traditionalist that I am, I was very happy to be at Disneyland. One of my very favorite rides at this time of year is of course the Haunted Mansion, all done up Jack Skellington style. Seriously, I could go on that ride ten times in a row and not get tired of it, or probably see everything.



I'm sure you're thinking, but is there candy? Why yes, Virginia, there is candy! Good candy, too. Throughout the park they have trick or treating "trails" where you are able to pick up mucho sugar at stations placed about fifty or so feet apart. I have to say I preferred this to stations scattered around the park, because then you had a lot more flexibility in manuvering around. And I'm all about the manuvering, you know.

Then it was on to view the fireworks show, which has Jack Skellington, Zero, and Disney villains. It's one of the best I've seen from Disney, and I've seen an ungodly amount of firework shows there. Although note to lady holding your (admittedly cool) balloon- don't be surprised when someone asks you to lower it during the show, as we are all looking up to see the fireworks, not your (admittedly cool) balloon. And don't act all put out about it, either. Sheesh.

I don't know what it is about Disneyland and the holidays. My inner Martha Stewart, which is usually quite repressed, takes such joy in the decorations. She certainly doesn't have anything to be impressed about at home, so she has to get her fix in at Disney.



A big hit with the men the particular night we were there were these very cool skull necklaces. When you are in the dark, it looks like a huge disembodied, talking skull is coming at you. They are only fifteen bucks, use regular batteries, and can also be used as a window decoration. Win! And of course, I bought one.

My family had a wonderful time at Mickey's Halloween Party. You will too. I promise.

Comments

Autumn's Mom said…
We were just talking about Disneyland at Halloween yesterday!!! It has to be my favorite time of year there and I love the haunted mansion!!! Crossing fingers I get down there before all the candy is gone!

xo
Heidi said…
I want to Disney Land or Disney World or just somewhere not here.
Sounds like so much fun.
Missed ya.

With regard to your previous post, I'm going to hell too because I lol when I read "one armed gardener".

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

All I Saw was a Beard and a Moustache