Music Monday

There's been lots going on in Gina-land, I've just been too busy/distracted/stressed to write about it.

We have totally lost our minds and have decided to sell our place.

Er, the bad news is that we need to be out before the baby comes (due on approximately 11/12/09) and in another place by then. So yeah, six months pregnant and getting ready to put a house on the market! I am indeed certifiable, I know. But, I figured it would be much easier to show the house sans bebe, what with diapers and feedings and nap schedules.

Whether we own or rent that place remains to be seen, as we now know after eight years of homeownership that it isn't always what it's cracked up to be. Especially since we only have one main income, and thus the tax breaks are pretty much negligible.

If we can find something within the right timeframe, great. If not, I'm not averse to renting for a bit. The last thing I want to do is to say, "I've got thirty days to find and buy my next house!" To me, that is going to lead me to make compromises I probably wouldn't make without the pressure.

Add to that the fact that some people are causing my husband great stress at work, and you have the recipe for some not-so-fun times.

So, the song for today was almost too easy, ya know?

I am so totally that blonde chick!

Comments

Awesome Mom said…
Wow you are nuts! I was freaking out because I almost had to move shortly after having a baby. I can't imagine choosing to move while pregnant. I hope the house sells fast and that you can find something that suits your family's needs.
Autumn's Mom said…
Um, I feel like I need to take blood pressure meds after reading this. Good luck with the house...I'm thinking of you. xoxo
Liz said…
Your situation is similar to ours. We decided to sell while contemplating the second child and our house was on the market through the entire pregnancy and sold when she was 4 months old. We rented for 6 months while house hunting and moved in right before her 1st birthday.

Good luck Gina. Don't be surprised when your baby can only fall asleep to the dulcet sounds of the vacuum cleaner (that you will be running constantly before showings).
J said…
Our neighbor's sister just closed on their place and gave birth the same day. Fun? Probably not.

I'm all for renting until you find the right place at the right price. Renting rocks. (Says the owner who couldn't sell when she wanted to...and is too afraid to go back to renting...)
dgm said…
You'll make it! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

All I Saw was a Beard and a Moustache