The Unnecessary Coat

I love coats and jackets.

I have no idea why, I just think they look pretty and polished and are just the right thing to complete an outfit. Peacoats are an especial favorite.

And with this love of coats, I am reminded for the umpteenth time that I live in the wrong damn geographical area.

You see, there is currently this very lovely wool swing coat that used to be $170.00 and is now a mere $70.00! I am horrible at math and much too lazy to figure the actual percentage of savings. But people, that's a lot of money off! I don't know exactly how much, but it's a lot! And it's even in my size!

However, in good conscience I have to ask myself exactly how often I would wear said wool coat.

Unfortunately for me, the answer is perhaps a total of 20 or so days out of the year.

Sigh.

Comments

Awesome Mom said…
I love me a pea coat but have not found one in my size (that does not cost an arm and a leg) since I had to get rid of my last one (which I got at a thrift store). Of course here in Kansas one would be very useful for the winter.
Hope said…
we had snow yesterday :(.... quit your whinning ;)
Patois42 said…
Well made and all, timeless and such, you'll wear it for 10 years (or so). That's 200 days. That's about 35 cents a day. Seems reasonable.
Heidi said…
I found a lovely wool coat you might like, it was on sale, Vera Wang, I loved it from across the store.
Then I tried it on and well, it had SHORT sleeves! WTF, I did know this was in style, but I didn't think it would be on this coast.
J said…
I'm with Patois, buy the dang thing!

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

Friday Poll