If You Ever Cared About Me...

I am asking you, begging you to get down on your knees and pray, light a candle, burn incense, put pins in your voodoo doll, or whatever it is you do when you are asking for a special favor.

You see, at approximately 9am Pacific time on February 19, they will be picking through a lottery draw places for a particular magnet school. A magnet school that is a true magnet school, not just a pretend one. A magnet school that I think Mr. P would be so happy in, and would do so well in. I love everything about them, and if they pick his card, Mr. P is in!

Err, it's just that there are dozens and dozens of people trying to get into 1st grade, and only so many openings since I should have tried to get him in at the kindergarten level. If I had only known.

I could go, but Mr. P goes to school at 9:40 and even though a friend offered to take him to school so I could, it's just too much of a pain.

Besides, I don't think I could handle the disappointment in person if he doesn't get in. Better to quietly weep whilst sitting at my computer than in front of a hundred or so people.

Right?

Comments

Anvilcloud said…
You just sent me to Wikipedia. Good luck with the magnet school.
Awesome Mom said…
Good luck!! I hope he gets in.
Autumn's Mom said…
Good luck..yea, I need to look this up too. xoxo
Cherry said…
Do you know yet?
Do they call you or post it online?

Keeping my fingers crossed for Mr P being magnetized!
J said…
Oh, good luck! I'm thinking of you! You know, Maya's charter Montessori had a lottery, and she got the very last spot on the waiting list...but she still got in, one week before school started! Whoo Hoo! She thrived there. :) And, of course, it was free, which was a huge bonus.
chichimama said…
Hope you got in!!!!!
Piece of Work said…
So? Did you?
Gina said…
It's not looking good.

I've heard nothing.
Hope said…
I can't change the past.... what's done is done... keep us posted.
Quiskaeya said…
I'm so late!!!! Ack! But miracles can still happen after the fact. I do hope it is good word.... *keeping fingers crossed*

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

All I Saw was a Beard and a Moustache