School Daze

So we've been having issues with Junior Kindergarten.

Well, Mr. P has been having issues, that is. For the second day in two weeks, he used the "my tummy hurts" excuse to not go. This morning, I told him that he could either go to the doctor, since this was not the first time he had complained, or he could go to school.

He chose the doctor.

He must really dislike school.

Of course the doctor could find nothing because there was nothing. And I told him that since the doctor hadn't found anything wrong, he could no longer use that excuse to get out of going to school. Or any other vague excuse, for that matter. I told him I was disappointed that he hadn't been telling the truth, and that he should know that he can always talk to me.

Yeah, yeah. It was a flash preview of the teenager I will be dealing with before I know it.

I suspect he is having difficulty adjusting to quite a few things. The first being that he is just not used to going to school every day. I tried to tell him, "Dude, this is the rest of your life for 13 more years!" But he didn't want to hear it. Really, who wants to hear what their mom has to say?

Secondly, he only knows one other boy in class, so there is that whole thing of hardly knowing anyone, although he is social by nature, and I hadn't expected a problem in that arena.

Thirdly, I think the whole set up is an affront to his center-of-the-universe mentality, which has reared it's ugly head quite often in the last few months. If you dare to have a conversation without him, it is a personal affront. I don't know how many times I have to tell him to get over himself before it will sink in. Maybe I will just make a tape recording, because I have the feeling it is going to get repeated many times.

In the meantime, I am feeling much better today. And thank you so much to the people who have added Teeny Manolo to their blogrolls and such, I really really appreciate it! Come on down and play the Price is Right!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

Friday Poll