Get in Line

All right, so I spent a fair amount of money today on a creature that may or may not die any instant.

If this fish goes, I'm getting a betta. So either way, I'm good.

The parking lot at Mr. P's preschool is quite small, and there are only three rows in which to park your car. One double row, and then another row facing the edge of the property. Anyhoo, there are clearly marked arrows that point you to go around the lot in a big circle. Cutting through from the entrance is a supposed no-no.

Mr. P used to take the afternoon class, and the parking lot was always fairly deserted. But now that he goes in the morning, I have come to experience the zoo that is morning drop-off. Luckily for me, I am usually early, so I don't have to compete with big SUV's for space.

But today we got there a tiny bit later than usual, and the parking lot was nearly full. I had made the half-loop around the lot, and as I was first in line, was eyeing a particular spot. Who should come zooming in from the entrance and cutting in front of me and the two people behind me but this entitled beeyotch who took my parking spot.

I was mad. This is the third week of school, she knows better than to do something like that. There was one spot left, and the poor person behind me in the line had to park outside the parking lot, even when by rights, she should have had the last parking spot.

Now this is where Hubba-hubba and I differ. I get angry when people act inconsiderately. I huff and I puff and I have brief fantasies of keying their car. He, on the other hand, says I shouldn't sweat the small stuff. Who cares if someone breaks the rules? It happens all the time.

Well, I care, dammit.

And it was just karma when homegirl had to park and re-park and re-re-park her SUV because she came in quickly and at a very bad angle. I tried to give her a dirty look but she studiously ignored me.

As I walked back to my car after signing Mr. P in, I fingered my keys. But, there were too many people around. Besides, I'm a rule follower, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

All I Saw was a Beard and a Moustache