Worst Foot Forward

Today I went shopping with my two teenaged cousins, my mom, and my sister.

The girls and my mom are able to shop at a marathon pace, staying in stores for a very long time. I'm more of a quick looker, I don't examine things for a half hour and hem and haw over the purchase. Either I like it and I can afford it, or I don't like it and/or can't afford it. It's that simple.

Anyhoo, the real point to this is that my sister and I, feeling the need to sit down and not seeing the need to be in Saks Fifth Avenue for long amounts of time, went outside and found a comfy place to sit down.

And one thing about me that you should know is that I comment on people as they walk by. I can't help it. It's an affliction, I know. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all and that crap is not what I am about.

Well, to be honest, I am snarky.

But, I can also be very fair-minded and if someone or something looks good, I will just as readily acknowledge that as well. My sister and I make a funny pair of observers, and even if you might disagree with our fashion sense, you would still laugh.

For some reason, we saw more than our fair share of these:



I have no real problem with espadrilles, I think they are cute. But this particular type of wedge espadrille, it's just wrong. I don't think the women who wear them realize that the way these make them look when they walk is not flattering in any way. In fact, it makes them sort of waddle. Which I am positive is the last impression they are tyring to make. They also force the woman to try and balance their weight on this rather unsteady platform, and more than one woman looked almost ready to fall over.

This type of shoe forces your foot to go at a very unnatural angle, and we saw the majority of women walking in pain. Oh sure, they were trying to pretend their feet didn't hurt, but EVERY woman is familiar with the "walk of pain." The mincing steps, the hunched shoulders, we've all been there at least once.

Why do women insist on wearing things that hurt them in the name of high fashion?

If there is one lesson I have learned in my life, it is to wear comfortable shoes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

All I Saw was a Beard and a Moustache