Why the Democrats Lose

Because of people like this.

If time is precious, I can sum it up for you.

Basically, there are a bunch of Democrats out there who are unsatisfied with the pool of Democratic candidates running for president, and so will choose to vote for a Republican if their "unfavorite" candidate wins the party nomination.

My screams of indignation could be heard down the street.

People, people! At this point, ANY Democrat is better than ANY Republican. Period, the end. Do we really want the Republicans who have made a shambles of this country in a mere eight years, to have a crack at another four? I am over here ripping my hair out.

You see, that is the difference between Dems and Repubs. Democrats are too damn open-minded for their own good. They will actually weigh individual candidates and vote for people on perceived individual merit. Meanwhile, most Republicans vote a straight party ticket and that is why they keep on winning!

I see nothing particularly more redeeming in the Republican candidates than the Democratic ones. Why do people keep voting for the president of this country on "feelings" and "personality?" That has nothing to do with it. A lot of people voted for Dubya because they felt they could sit and have a beer with him. That is not the man you want running the most powerful country (at least for a little while longer) in the world! My god, that is for fraternities or Moose Lodges, not the Presidency!

To be honest, I don't want Hillary to be the Democratic Presidential candidate. I have had more than enough of the familial dynasty thing for one lifetime, thank you. I can predict that if she does indeed get the nomination, we will lose. She is too divisive, has too much of a record behind her, if that makes any sense. You either love her or hate her, and more people are in the latter camp.

All I know is that in all likelihood, as in the last disastrous seven years, I probably won't deserve the President I get.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

All I Saw was a Beard and a Moustache