Must.Run.Faster

No, just kidding! I love being tagged for memes, and I was tagged for the same 8 Things meme by both Ginger and Margaret. And because you gals rock, I will give you not just eight, but six-damn-teen things about me.

1. When I was a junior in high school, I deluded myself (and my parents) into thinking I had enough discipline and ambition to become a lawyer. My school was sponsoring a trip to our state capital, Sacramento, to see the inner workings of our government. What exactly that had to do with being a lawyer, I'm not sure, but I got to go. It was a blast.

2. I ADORE the Playmobile toy sets. Mr. P has two or three. I love them for the authenticity of all the little things, from teensy pirate candelabra to little tubes to hook up to the medical evacuee in the helicopter. Sometimes when my son is asleep, I will play with them.

3. I hate coffee. I like tea. Cold tea. I can drink hot tea sometimes, but almost always prefer it iced.

4. When I was about 9 years old, I was cutting the leftovers of one of those big honking Easter hams with a butcher knife (I have no idea why my parents allowed me to do this) and the knife slipped and I sliced my finger open. I had to have six stitches. I don't like ham anymore.

5. I love Disneyland. I am not a person who does all the Disneyana stuff or pin trading, but I love going there. Luckily, we have annual passes and are able to go very often.

6. Back when Mr. P was first born, we had no money. Seriously, we were only about a hundred bucks a month from having absolutely nothing in the bank. It was a scary, scary time.

7. I am a person who shows affection by "doing." I won't necessarily come out and tell you how much I love you, but I will bake you things, watch your kids, or be there when you need me.

8. I like taking pictures, but I suck at it. It might not help that I have a really basic camera, but I can't afford the very expensive SLR ones.

9. I am very good at calligraphy.

10. I cannot draw something out of my head, but if I am able to look at a picture, I can reproduce it exactly.

11. If I could eat chocolate covered pretzels every day, I would. But I can't. And I don't.

12. I played volleyball at the Junior Olympics.

13. I used to be a volleyball coach. I started with elementary students, then middle school, and my last coaching job was the assistant coach for a junior college.

14. I don't think I have ever done anything that someone would look at me and say, "Girl, you are crazy."

15. I have never been drunk. I have been buzzed, but never drunk enough to not have control of myself.

16. I love the beach, but I don't like the ten tons of sand that manage to accompany me home every time.


Man, is that sixteen already? I was on a roll...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

All I Saw was a Beard and a Moustache