Transitions

Well, today was the first day of the rest of my life.

I dare you to tell me I lack melodrama.

Anyhoo, today Hubba-hubba started a new position at work. He will no longer be out in the field with his bullet-proof vest and badge. Let's just say that if there is ever a disaster in the city he works in, he's your man. Need some MRE's and bottled water after the next earthquake? He'll have you covered.

So far, it is considered a lateral promotion, but that could change in the near future. Probably depending on if he can pass training, which is usually a good first step for future success. With his change in position comes a change in his working hours, and there lies the rub.

You see, I have been spoiled rotten for almost three years. He would leave for work at 1pm after spending the morning with both Mr. Personality and me. I would get to see him for a good solid three hours, and then basically have the night to myself.

And, he also worked what is called a 4-10 shift. Instead of five days at eight hours a day to make up his forty hours, he worked 10 hours for four days. Having three days off was so awesome, I'm not sure I'll ever recover from the loss.

So, now I am in the same boat as I lot of other SAHM's, even though I am acting like it's the end of the world.

Hey, I never said I wasn't selfish.

It remains to be seen how this will affect my blogging and commenting. It surely will, but who knows exactly how? If you don't see me around your blog as frequently, it means I am just attempting to work out the kinks.

Sigh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

All I Saw was a Beard and a Moustache