Hot For Teacher

I know that it doesn't take much for me to have a crush on a guy. Hello, can anyone say Mickey Dolenz of the Monkees? Hey, I like a guy with a sense of humor, ok?

I was reading the LA Times one day, and I read a column by this man who claimed to be a historian, as if historians even exist in this day and age, or some such thing. I liked the column, and began to keep an eye out for it. He wrote about fascinating things, effortlessly tying things like the Peloponnesian War and the Fed raising the interest rates. Well, maybe not those two things exactly, but he had a flair for being able to pull just the right example from ancient times into relevancy.

Then, the Times began listing a photo of their columnists on the website. I was picturing this fussy old man with bushy eyebrows and I would have bet money that he wore some sort of dorky bow tie as his "signarure" quirk. That's when I looked and saw this:



Now yes, there are more handsome men that populate the planet, but he is certainly in the top fifteenth percentile, at least. Looking at him, would you picture a professor at both Harvard and Oxford? Someone who has written, like, ten books? I bet you his classes are full every single semester, even when the class subject mattter deals exlusively with the Ottoman Empire. If I was taking his class, I bet you I would flunk. It would be a little like the Indiana Jones movie when all the female students were staring at him all dreamy-eyed. Add to that he is Scottish with a most likely adorable brogue.

I never had a male teacher until I hit college. At my Catholic elementary, the only men around were the priests. My high school, being all girls, tended to try not to hire men, I think. At least, they would have been ugly, old men and there were none of those, either. To hire a young, attractive male teacher would have ensured the situation described above. None of my male college teachers was remotely good looking, and since I was an English major, the field was dominated by women professors.

I just sort of pretend that I read Mr. Ferguson's columns and books because I am an intellectual. It has nothing to do with the fact that he is pretty hot. Nope, nothing at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

Friday Poll