Hot Topic

We have a raging debate going on over here.

And I know that you are curious as to what it may be. The possibility of a draft? The Pope's visit to Turkey? A timetable for a withdrawal of forces in Iraq?

No my friends, a subject both weightier and just a tad bit closer to home.

Let me begin by saying I like bagels. I like them toasted. I toast them in my handy-dandy toaster oven. The other day, I went to get the halves out, and Hubba-hubba happened to be hanging around the kitchen.

I reach for the bagel.

Hubba-hubba:(freaking out) OH MY GOD! What are you doing?

Gina:(startled) Uhhh, getting my bagel out of the toaster oven.

Hubba-hubba: You used a knife!

Gina: I always use a knife.

Hubba-hubba:(still freaking out) NOBODY uses a knife to get their bagels out of a toaster. You are going to get hurt!

Gina:(snorting) I don't think so. I've been using a knife to get them out for YEARS and nothing has ever happened.

Hubba-hubba: You are putting a METAL OBJECT into a toaster! That's insane! That is like asking the toaster to please just electrocute you now.

Gina: I have never heard anything so ridiculous. Besides, the toaster is off when I do it.

Hubba-hubba:(muttering under his breath) Well, when you've got smoke coming out of your ears, don't come running to me for help.

So, my friends, I would like your opinion.

Is Hubba-hubba right in his concern? Am I wrong to brush off the issue of metal and the possible (albeit small) chance of contact with a live electrical wire?

Deep down, I always knew I was a rebel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

Friday Poll