Damn You, Blogger

I know what you are trying to do, Blogger.

You are trying to get me to switch to the new version. And I have to admit, you're making it pretty tough. From making me sign in each and every time I try to get to the dashboard, to making me put in my username and password on everyone's blog just to make a lousy comment. See how much I love you all, that I am willing to go through all that?

However, it's starting to get a little old and I am getting crankier about it by the day.

When you first began whispering sweet nothings in my ear about the beta, you were more discreet. There was just a little bitty paragraph pushed waaay over to the side that suggested I might want to think about switching. You were thinking that smooth and subtle was the way to go.

But now, now you're pulling out all the stops. You have this large alluring advertisement hovering on the top of my dashboard, extolling all the virtues of what is still technically the beta version of Blogger. You shout "The beta version is ready for you, Gina!" You are now resorting to the shovel blow to the head to get me to notice. However, the last time I looked, "beta version" means it isn't really quite ready. It means there are still kinks and things that go wrong, on top of all the things that already go wrong.

You want me to think that as soon as I sign up for the beta version, my life will be so much easier. The birds will chirp louder, the sky will be bluer and miraculously, my laundry will be folded and put away.

I refuse to fall for it, Blogger. I wasn't born yesterday, and until you put up a big sign that says I may no longer use Blogger until I switch, you're not gettin' me to to do it voluntarily. I'm just stubborn like that.

I lament the fact that I am just too cheap to get my own hosting, even though all the cool kids have have already jumped ship.

Give me some better templates, and I promise I'll think about it. Tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

Friday Poll