Boooo-riiiiing

For the longest time, I have thought that my blog name has sucked the big one.

I debated on the title for oh, an hour or so. Little did I know that years later, I would still have this blog and its rather unimpressive name.

And to make matters worse, I'm not the only one with this name. I think there is a person who started theirs perhaps a month earlier than me, the rest are just people who didn't bother to search if the name was already taken. Which is weird, because why are there multiple people with the same stupid blog name? I could see if it was something awesomely clever or something.

To make matters worse, there is another blog who entered the contest with the same name. At first I thought it was mine, but no. It was a person in Alabama who just started in September.

But, mine is simply the title of my favorite Oingo Boingo song. The lyrics were very indicative to how I felt at the beginning of this blog, which was to say that I was a depressed, lonely mother with an undiagnosed medical condition who was at home with my baby and was literally trying my best just to put one day in front of the other.

So, I have been trying to think of another one, so I'm perhaps going to try some on you guys, just for size.

How about:

"Courge Amere?" or "Malus Domestica?"

J will know what the second one actually means, but I bet no one else will. I got the inspiration for those from the blog name Pamplemousse, which I so would have taken if not already in use.

"My Life is Curved" (Inspired by an e e cummings poem)

"What's This?" (Another song lyric)

Either of those sound good?

Then I thought about a phrase I hear on a daily basis from Mr. P, which is his favorite saying if he doesn't like something.

"I Don't Love That"

Another favorite of his is:

"Well, It's Too Late Now"

This is always said after he has done something he's not supposed to.

And for good measure, I had considered "Vox Momordica Charantia" but decided it was just too dang long. Maybe also just a wee bit pretentious as well. It means something like "voice of the round gourd" which is a fascinatingly apt description of myself. But it sounds kind of pretty, no?

Why do I have the feeling that I am back to the drawing board?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

Friday Poll