NaBloGinaMo

*If you are reading this on Bitacle, you are reading stolen content.*

I have known about NaBloPoMo for quite a while now.

Yet, for some reason, I have not signed up for it.

Part of it is because I can't figure out exactly how.

But I like to consider myself fairly intelligent, so I'm thinking that if I really wanted to, somehow I would find out what to do. Or at least ask someone who is already registered how they did it.

I don't know why I have this stubborn streak when it comes to group participation things and blogging. There are lots of people who participate in the Crazy/Hip Blog Mamas prompts, and many others who do Thursday Thirteens and Friday Cat Bloggings.

Other than the occasional meme, I haven't done any of those.

Part of it is because I am just ornery like that. I delude myself into thinking I don't need the fresh post ideas, and then wind up blogging about the top of my refrigerator.

Then another aspect is that I enjoy resisting peer pressure. If lots of other people are doing it, then well, it's for "the masses" and not for me. And you can see how well that attitude has worked for me so far. Have I mentioned that I like to feel special?

Lastly, for some odd reason, I feel that promoting myself is akin to pimping my blog. I resist pimping at all costs. I caved for the Metroblogging link because I thought perhaps people that read me would like to know more about where I live and what I do. Have I mentioned the delusional part yet?

Anyway, this is a very long way of saying that I am going to throw caution completely to the wind and participate. I am going to cast off my shackles of pretension and stupidity. Well, I'll probably wind up keeping the stupidity.

Now, if I just knew the next step...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

Friday Poll