Saturday Night Paranoia

Because it's Saturday, my son has a cold, and I feel the need to unleash my crabbiness upon the unsuspecting world.

Is it me, or is anyone else suspicious of the steeply falling gas prices? I mean, it's not like it's close to the elections or anything, or that control of the House is at stake. Nope, most likely it is just pure coincidence. Pure, sheer coincidence.

I read today that leading scientists believe that we as residents of this planet have about a ten year window in which to significantly decrease greenhouse gases. Afer that, things are pretty much toast for a long, long time. Please, please let the next person in the White House not be such an idiot! Is that too much to ask?

After watching a "Dateline NBC" the other night on teens and technology, I have decided that they are too immature to handle the power that comes with the technology. From hate websites to slandering fellow students to posting questionable photographs of themselves, they are just not responsible enough. Heck, a lot of adults aren't responsible enough. It amazes me how many parents allow their children to have a computer in their room and don't have a clue as to what they are doing on it. A while back, Lindsay at Suburban Turmoil came up with the idea of parents "taking over" MySpace in order for it to be totally uncool. Brilliant!

I applaud Arnold the Governator for signing that environmental law reducing California's own greenhouse gas emissions, but why do I have a sneaking suspicion that he's just doing some stuff to get re-elected? At least he can't run for president. Yet.

With the way my hair has been falling out lately due to the hypothyroidism, I feel that I am rather quickly going bald. If you look at my temples, you can totally see my scalp because almost all the hair is gone! Yes, I am vain, but my hair is one of my best features. Or was, anyway.

Salon featured yet another article about a study done by a research team at Princeton who determined that the Diebold voting machines are completely at risk of votes being falsely created. They demonstrated how is is sooo easy to do. What is the deal? Why does no one care? Now we just need to persuade some liberal computer geeks to to the dirty work, and the Dems are in!

I am tired of so-called mainstream media. They pander to the lowest common denominator of news, and their total lack of relevant content is an embarassment. Thank goodness for the internet, or I would be totally lost! And no, I am not a hypocrite for watching that Dateline, either. Know thy enemy, says I.

Hubba-hubba has taken to labeling me a conspiracy theorist as of late, but I wear the badge proudly! Maybe I should make some bumper stickers or something. Or found some sort of non-profit and at least be able to write it off on my taxes. Hey, stupider things have been done, ya know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

Friday Poll