Am I an Adult Now?

So I come to you today a changed person, a person with more knowledge than I posessed on Tuesday. You see, I am now no longer a Legoland virgin. Yes, you heard that right. For the first time yesterday, I experienced the pleasure, and sometimes pain, that comes with a visit to Legoland in Carlsbad, which is south of us.

It had been bugging me for a while. Everyone else was doing it, while I was simply standing on the sidelines, wishing I had what it took. Actually, it was the money that stopped me. Fifty bucks a person? An hour and a half away down the I-5, which is known as hell on earth? With a preschooler known to scream at the sight of a bounce house? I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I'd heard it was good, I just wasn't sure it was good enough for me.

Then, fate stepped in. Through an inocuous series of events, I wound up winning two tickets to Legoland at a raffle. The only reason I even put my ticket in the little shoebox was because it happened to be the most expensive prize. I promptly forgot about even entering the raffle until later that night, a phone call from a stranger confirmed my winnings.

After many late night discussions, we decided not to delay any longer. We were finally ready to take the plunge. Up early and out the door by 9:30, which in itself is a minor miracle since Hubba-hubba usually isn't even up by then, we got in the carpool lane with high expectations.

It was actually odd to me to not be familiar with a Southern California amusement park. Having been born here, I pretty much know everything there is to do and the general layout. I was out of my element, clutching the map and frantically trying to find the "Castle Cookout" dammit. I am embarassed to say that we actually got lost for a bit, and since we were very hungry, decided to eat somewhere else. The Castle would have to wait for another time. Delayed gratification, I think it's called, which is not my strong suit.

But now I can say I did it. I'm not ashamed of what I did, only that it took so long for me to realize what I was missing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

Friday Poll