Friday Night Song Critique

So I am all about music today. Otherwise known as "writer's block."

Favorite love song- "First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" Alison Moyet version, but Roberta Flack rocks as well.

Love song I am ashamed to admit I like- "Separate Ways" Journey. I have a crush on Steve Perry's voice.

Best use of song in a movie- Nothing can quite top "In Your Eyes" during "Say Anything." Runner-Up- "Don't You Forget About Me" during "Breakfast Club." Hmmm, not showing my age or anything, am I?

Song which I hate but know every word- "Welcome to the Jungle" Guns n' Roses.

Song which I never fail to turn up the volume- "Galvanize" The Chemical Brothers.

Most overrated song- "I Will Always Love You" Whitney Houston. Just too theatrical for me, although she has a great voice.

Song that makes me cringe and change the station every time- "I Just Called to Say I Love You" by Stevie Wonder. Man, I love Stevie Wonder, but that song just sucks.

Song that makes me think of summer- What else, "Summer of Love" B-52's.

First slow dance song- "True" Spandau Ballet. At a high school dance when I was a freshman.

Song from a children's show that I can't get out of my head- "Clifford neeeeded Emileeee, so she chose him for her own...."

Favorite girl-group song- "This Town" Go-Go's.

Song that I used to really like, but now gets on my nerves- "Groove is in the Heart" Deee-lite.

And on that note of familiar complaint, I will stop. You're welcome.

Comments

Granny said…
Believe it or not, Mary Travers of Peter, Paul and Mary does a great job on The First Time, etc. Different from Roberta but beautiful. I'll have to check out the other one.

Have a great weekend.
Suzanne said…
Oh, I love This Town. Actually, I love the entirety of Beauty and the Beat...
oshee said…
Thank you very much for the Clifford song stuck in my head. I just love listening to it Every Single Morning with my six year-old. (BLAH! I know you can sense sarcasm. lol)
Bobita said…
I only know one other person who is an Allison Moyet fan...so WOO-HOO!

Loved this post...and like Oshee, I'll be singing the Clifford song for about a week!
Liz said…
LOL, Suzanne, you just transported me back to college by mentioning Beauty and the Beat. I played that record over and over!

Glad my kids are too old for Clifford!
Deb Heller said…
Loved reading about your song choices. One nit to pick - I think Whitney Houston had a great voice. Lately, I just cringe to hear her sing. Don't you?

Song I can't get out of my head, since we just returned from Disneyland "It's a Small, Small World." uck
blueyedtracy said…
." . . . .and the love made Clifford grow so big that the Howard's had to leave their home . ." Oh man is it ever stuck in there! I love "Summer of Love"! I can even hear it on a cloudy/cold day and instantly feel like it's summer. Thanks for the reminder. And I liked reading your thoughts about illegal immigration.

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

All I Saw was a Beard and a Moustache