Sticky Fingers

So, my friends, I've got nothing.

Well, nothing except that I have discovered so late in my life that a glue-gun is a strangely hypnotizing little appliance. I am not what I consider to be a crafty person at all. But, I am in the throes of last-minute tasks for my sister's 40th birthday party on Sunday, and I needed to gussy up a red satin cape so as to make it emphatically clear that my sister is the Queen.

I was a virgin glue-gun user up until about an hour ago. I had no idea what I was doing, and in a move quite unlike myself, I didn't read the directions before I started. So here I am trying to glue these rhinestones onto the collar of this cape, and glue is drying in gossamer threads everywhere I turn. Add that some of the rhinestones were just a bit too small to keep me from burning my fingers now and then, and I got a little flustered for a moment.

I finally got into a nice groove, and the collar looks quite fab. Other than the fact that I could not for the life of me figure out how to use the little stand they provided, I think I have become a lifelong convert to the power that is the mighty glue-gun.

Comments

chichimama said…
I've resisted the glue gun so far, but it sounds addicting.

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

Friday Poll