Music Meme

So this was shamelessly and greedily stolen from Suzanne at Mimilou. I am keeping her great number 8 addition. I am adding my own number 9.

1. What three albums (okay, CDs) would you take on a road trip, if the music was the only companionship you had?

The Joshua Tree U2
Towards the Within Dead Can Dance
Dark Side of the Moon Pink Floyd

2. You are in the worst. mood. ever. Name three songs that would cheer you up.

Do Ya ELO
What is My Life (Without Your Love) George Harrison
Uptight Stevie Wonder

3. Your in-laws just called. They are in town unexpectedly and want to drop by for coffee in an hour. The house looks like the preschool maurading hoards have been through on a crusade. Which three albums have enough energy to pump you up for the task?

Boingo Oingo Boingo
Gold Abba
Greatest Hits Expose

Yeah, yeah, I cheated with the greatest hits ones.

4. Name three songs you loved from high school.

AEIOU, Sometimes Y Ebn Ozn
Please Please Tell Me Now Duran Duran
Girlfriend in a Coma The Smiths

I don't know that they were all out when I was actually in high school. I'm in the ballpark, anyway.

5. Name three songs that make you think of your pre-high school childhood.

Hotel California Eagles
Short People Randy Newman

My Dad used to listen to a radio show entitled Dr. Demento, and this one cracked my Dad up. I liked only a very few songs from this show, which defies most description. I would impatiently listen in the car on Sunday nights whenever he would pick me up from somewhere.

The Things we do for Love 10cc

My sister and I used to sing this song in the car, especially when he would sing "and she says she wants to make-up" and we would shout "Make-up!" as if we were singing a Broadway chorus. Hard to explain, but something I remember very vividly.


6. The kids are in bed. Your significant other is elsewhere. You have a (bottle of red wine/pot of tea/case of beer), a great book and the evening to yourself. What music is playing in the background?

Sting
Sarah McLaughlin
Coldplay

7. Name one new (2005) song, CD or band that you've 'discovered'.

Franz Ferdinand, they totally sound like an 80's band, which is probably why I like them so much.

8. Name three songs that make you weepy.

Daniel Elton John
Blue Eyes Elton John
Sad Eyes Robert John

It seems that by sheer and utter coincidence people with the last name of John sing songs that make me sad.

9. Your significant other and you have some "alone time" together. What three albums do you play to help the mood along?

The Bliss Album PM Dawn
Songs of Faith and Devotion Depeche Mode
Foxbase Alpha St. Etienne

And, for the originator of this fun meme, Danigirl from Postcards From the Mothership, two of her original questions that I missed:

10. If you could be the manager for any band, group or artist, whom would you choose?

U2, and I would pay them to do it.

10. If I only load one song onto my MP3 player, what song should that be?

Uggggghhhh, this one is hard. I can't just go with one, have mercy!

Red Rain Peter Gabriel
Layla (Original version) Derek and the Dominos

Comments

Suzanne said…
Oooh! "A, E, A, E, I O U, and sometimes Y." I haven't thought about that song in years.

I love 10CC.

Great list!

Oh, to answer your question about The Story -- they were a folk/rock duo from the 90s. Angel in the House is my favorite of their CDs; Grace in Gravity is also quite good. Jonatha Brooke is now a solo artist, and I've found her solo work to be uneven.
DaniGirl said…
How funny! I created this list on my blog to help me find good songs to load on my MP3 player - I had no idea it would become a meme!! And I had two questions Suzanne dropped - and one of them was what should be on the stereo when you want to make some "sheet music". Great minds!

Thanks for some terrific suggestions!

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

All I Saw was a Beard and a Moustache