The Record-Holder

So if you think it is hot where you are, try checking out this place.

I know that when people think of California, they usually do not think of its deserts, but they are an integral part of our state and its history.

I have visted Death Valley once, although I was younger and I don't remember a whole lot. I do remember stark, vivid landscapes that pracically defy imagination. Deserts have an entirely different feel to them, they often seem otherworldly. And anyone who has ever watched National Geographic knows that underneath the seeming barrenness lies an extremely large and delicate ecosystem.

I encourage you to check out the site, it is full of interesting facts and photographs.

I think that everyone should visit the desert, at least once.

Comments

Cuppa said…
Thanks! I feel positively cool and fresh right now, and just a few minutes ago I thought it was hot here.

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

All I Saw was a Beard and a Moustache