No Flattery Here

So I have learned today in no uncertain terms that I have to tone down my "rhetoric" while driving. As soon as I was bringing the car out of the driveway, Mr. Personality chimes in from the back, "Geez, lady" and "bunch of jerks." Mind you, I had not even been driving for a minute. Now, this stuff is much, much tamer than what I used to say when Mr. Personality was not in the picture, but it still didn't sound so great coming from a toddler.

I am an impatient driver. That is one of my biggest faults. I must clarify that I am not a dangerously impatient driver, just one who gets easily annoyed. While driving, I seem to have a large, invisible only to me, flag waving from my car that says, "Why yes, I would just love you to cut me off!" When traffic hits, it is another matter altogether. We are all pretty much crawling nowhere together. But, when there is a semi-open road, is it too much to ask to be able to go five miles above the speed limit?

I think I am even worse when I am a passenger and Hubba-hubba is driving. I force Hubba-hubba to drive, even though he hates driving with me. He is a much more relaxed driver than me, and with uncanny ability can always pick the slowest car on the freeway to dawdle behind. He claims that he doesn't do it on purpose, but I am not sure. I don't know what it is, but I just want to get where I am trying to go without seemingly hundreds of aimless drivers in my way. I am not an unpatient person with most other things, but the driving thing is my Achilles' Heel, without a doubt.

So, if you see a black Honda Accord on the freeway with the sunroof open, listen closely for a two year old saying, "What is wrong with you people?" Give a wave, because that would be my red face behind the wheel.

Comments

Cuppa said…
Goodness! I do the same thing. I talk rather aggressively to the drivers around me and call them idots or some other harsher term. I am not an aggressive person, but put me behind the wheel and I am giving other people what-for!!!

I often turn to AC and quote the line from Seinfeld to him when we have a hesitant driver in front of us.
"Sittin' low, goin' slow!!!!" It usually is the case too. Have you noticed that?

Anyway, drive carefully as you motor through life today and enjoy the ride. It is a one way trip and you won't travel this day again so pay attention and enjoy each minute of it.

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

Friday Poll