Psssst, I've Got the Secret

If you are interested, I will tell you how you can make a fortune. Design a line of boys clothing that is a step below This Little Piggy Wears Cotton and Ralph Lauren and a step above Osh Kosh.

That is all you have to do, my friends. Mothers of boys across the United States will stampede stores in order to buy your clothes. Do manufacturers of boys clothes think that just because we have boys we are no longer interested in shopping? To me, boys are the most underserved population out there when it comes to clothing choices.

Fellow moms of boys know exactly what I am talking about. How many times have we walked into a store, only to see racks upon racks upon RACKS of adorable girl's clothing. A million variations on dresses, jumpers, pants, shirts, even socks, those lucky moms have it all. Then, over to the boys corner, and I mean literally a small, desolate corner in the back of the store wherein we can find baseball-jersey type shirts, shirts with ugly bugs or weird graphics, and two, perhaps three kinds of pants. If we really hit the jackpot, perhaps there will be some sweaters and a couple of button down shirts.

I have been pretty much everywhere- Target, Costco, The Children's Place, Old Navy, Gap, Gymboree, Kids R Us, used clothing stores, Kohls, Ross, Nordstrom Rack, Nordstrom, Robinson's May. Only the really high end stuff has any variety and originality. I'm not looking for cashmere sweaters here, just things that are not limited to primary colors, stripes, and did I mention how much I hate weird, ugly graphics? That seems to be the boy clothing industry's answer to everything- hey we've got a plain shirt here, let's stick on an ugly graphic of a frog and then they'll fly off the shelves!

So, we either have to pay a small fortune for cute boys clothes, or make do with the slim pickings for clothing lines where you can buy a shirt for less than twenty five dollars. I have thought so many times as I have conducted futile searches for nice clothing, if I just knew how to draw and sew a little bit, I would be a millionaire, I tell you, a millionaire! And the shoes, don't even get me started on the shoes!

Comments

Melodee said…
I actually never noticed a dearth of boys' clothes because I am in love with stripes and primary colors! LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

All I Saw was a Beard and a Moustache