Bookish Meme

I borrowed this from Ginger. There are a lot of book memes that float around, but I don't really remember seeing this one.

1. Hardback or trade paperback or mass market paperback?
I prefer paperbacks, because I like to lounge in different ways while reading, and that is just easier to do with a paperback. I do read hardbacks as well, though.

2. Amazon or brick and mortar?
Brick and mortar. I like being surrounded by books and things related to books. It is a tactile experience.

3. Barnes & Noble or Borders?
I'm going to say B&N, just because they are usually a lot bigger. But, the Borders around here have cuter "gifty" things.

4. Bookmark or dogear?
Neither, I always memorize the page number.

5. Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random?
By author.

6. Keep, throw away, or sell?
Other than used college school books, I have never gotten rid of a book that I have owned. Otherwise, I wouldn't own it.

7. Keep dustjacket or toss it?
I like the idea of the dustjacket, although it never keeps the actual pages from getting dusty, so I'm not sure why the moniker. Anyway, I would like to keep them, but they always wind up getting torn/smashed, so I guess it is toss.

8. Read with dustjacket or remove it?
Remove. Then see above.

9. Short story or novel?
I like both, but I read more novels.

10. Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket?
Harry Potter, although I wouldn't mind dipping into the Lemony Snicket books at some point.

11. Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks?
Always at a chapter break when I am on a reading spree, other than that, it's whenever something/someone needs me and then I just stop right there.

12.“It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”?
Definitely "Once upon a time," although "Dark and stormy night" has a place as well.

13. Buy or Borrow?
I am a book moocher and a regular at the library.

14. New or used?
See above.

15. Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation or browse?
I don't really buy, but definitely it has to be from a recommendation from someone that I trust or a familiar author.

16. Tidy ending or cliffhanger?
Tidy it up! I dont like characters that die in the end, either.

17. Morning reading, afternoon reading or nighttime reading?
Because of the schedule around here, reading is mostly done at night, but I could read anytime if I had the ability.

18. Stand-alone or series?
Series. They are common in sci-fi/fantasy, and I read a lot of that.

19. Favorite series?
Who can choose? From "The Chronicles of Narnia"(which I am going to call a series) to Harry Potter to the Hitchhiker's Guide series, there are quite a few that I enjoy immensely.

20. Favorite children's book?
"The Little Princess"

21. Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?
Uh, I could name almost any of the sci-fi/fantasy ones.

22. Favorite books read last year?
One of the latest in the Anne McCaffrey Pern series, I can't remember the title.

23. Favorite books of all time?
I would have to say "The Little Prince." It makes me laugh, it makes me cry, even though I know exactly what is going to happen, it gets me every time.

24. Least favorite book you finished last year?
Some crappy one by Dan Brown. Not "Angels and Demons" but the other one.

25.What are you reading right now?
Dark Angels: A Novel

26. What are you reading next?
"Selling a House for Dummies"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

Friday Poll