Hell Has Frozen Over

I say that because not too long ago, my MIL called our house. And talked to me. And asked me what she has done wrong, because she wants to see her grandson, and if we don't all talk about what is wrong, then how can we fix it?

I give the woman major points for that.

It takes some balls to call up your DIL, whom you may or may not have fond feelings for, and ask to open up a dialogue.

You may remember, or not, some posts where I have written about my MIL and all the accompanying baggage, here and here come to mind. Trust me, those aren't even the really awful things they have done in the past. I could probably begin a whole other blog writing about the times they have mistreated myself and their own son.

So.

Apparently we are having them over on Sunday, which is fine. It seems that my FIL, who has had major health problems in the past, and a current diagnosis of bone cancer, will be having an operation to try and remove the cancer within the next month. My blackened heart is not in a state of such crispness that I would deny him the chance to see his grandson before he embarks on his treatment and is feeling relatively good. I guess my heart is just a little over-toasted, not completely burnt.

It will be interesting to see if old habits die hard. I have always stated that if they are willing to work with me, I would be more than willing to work with them. A child can never have too many people that love him.

Right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

Friday Poll