Fallen Between the Cracks

Why did I stop writing here?

With the grace of 20/20 hindsight, there were a LOT of reasons.

My daughter's journey would get tougher and tougher, and as I added work into the mix of raising two kids, it was one more thing I just didn't have time for.

And well, that work thing.  It sure does suck a lot of free time away, doesn't it?  Even though I am still only part time.

I will be honest, as much as I adored all the people on the blogosphere that were kind enough to grace me with their wit and time, I just could not keep up with the constant commenting that I felt was only fair to these wonderful people.  

So instead, what did I do?

I did what any self respecting coward would do.

I ghosted, of course.

Not that I think my absence was enough to cause people to be distressed, but I feel badly if anyone felt slighted.

Even as I write this, I feel like I am being waaaay too self important.  Isn't that the whole point of a blog, though?  Nobody writes a blog that doesn't feel that something they have to say is important.

So many things have changed.  So many things have stayed the same.

I have passed the 50 year mark.

My kids are in college and middle school.

I have new friends, and old ones that I don't speak to anymore.

Hubba-hubba and I endure, and recently had our 20th wedding anniversary.

I still have so many, many flaws, but I try.  Sometimes I don't try hard enough.

Health is the one of the most important things we have. I have taken that for granted.  

So, here I am.  

I don't know if I am back, back, or just sort of back.  I need to see how this feels.

And if no one comments or visits, that is OK.  The same way it was OK when I first started this lo those seven years ago.

It's gonna be fine.  I promise.




Comments

J said…
What a pleasant surprise to come by here and see a new post from you! I don’t have a reader or anything like that, so the only way I know someone has posted is by popping by like this. Since I’m lazy and do not update my blogroll, the fact that you are still on there is the only reason I stopped by.

I’m still blogging, and often I have no idea why. I feel like most of what I have to say, I’ve said so many times already. But I still get some sense of community out of it, which is why I stick with it I guess.

Welcome back, I hope you stick around! And wow, Mr. Personality is in college….I guess that’s to be expected, as Maya is 25 and working full time, having graduated from college several years ago.

Popular posts from this blog

Onward

Friday Poll