Small doses today.
-I don't know what minor, easily-annoyed god I have angered, but man, we cannot stop getting sick over here. Poor baby girl went to the ER last Tuesday because the advice nurse didn't like the sound of her four days of high fever, vomiting, and facial rash. There's a meningococcal outbreak warning in these here parts, and I KNOW that's what she thought it was, because it had crossed my mind as well. So, instead of making a possibly large mistake by not taking her, we made only a small mistake in taking her, as all she apparently had was a virus.
Which of course, she promptly gave to the rest of us.
- I find it very strange that two of the most violent children who live in our area have been girls. Should I find it strange? I mean physically violent and making threats like, "I'm going to kill you" and things like that. Has happened to my son more than once, which is disturbing no matter who does it to him.
- I was THAT mom and told my son's volleyball coach that I straight out disagreed with a tactic they were using on serve return. I told him I felt the kids weren't old enough to judge which serves they should set (which even TYPING those words fills me with rage) as more and more of them are serving overhand. And trying to set a ball that has been served overhand will just result in injury. What are these people thinking? As they progress to the upper levels, NOBODY will be serving underhand, which means NOBODY will be setting off a serve, which means why the hell should they be doing it now? Sorry if that makes not a lot of sense to people, but it just made me so angry that they weren't taking the time to teach the kids how to properly pass the damn ball, which is the cornerstone of good volleyball.
I think I convinced him I was right.
- My daughter's IEP was just changed so that she will be attending the Special Education version of summer school. Almost four hours a day of free preschool in the summer! I am fainting with happiness. Although as my husband stated today, there is definitely a price that has been paid with our daughter, it just wasn't money. More like sanity, maybe.
- That makes me sound like a bad mom, doesn't it? Well, I guess it's my fault for having a shitty support system. Well, I didn't think they would be shitty, but they certainly turned out that way.
- Do you know that my sister has probably been one on one with my daughter for less than ten hours of her entire three and half year life? And that she only lives forty minutes away? And that she is a teacher, so obviously kids are OK with her? If she thinks she is going to waltz in and start hanging out with her when she is older and more "normal" she can kiss my ass.
- I just downloaded a Green Day song for my son, because I have some free Amazon MP3 credits, and I was thinking that perhaps I should key him in to some "pretty" songs instead of all the angst-filled punk and rock he's got. I mean, angst is fine but I think I should temper it with something different. I'm thinking "Linger" by the Cranberries. I mean, the kid falls asleep to Enya, so it isn't as if he has something against those types of songs. But Linger is pretty without being quite as wimpy as Enya. Don't get me wrong, I like Enya! Anybody?
- Does anyone ever look at their kid and think, man, I named this child all wrong. I think I did that with my daughter. But her current name is not the one I wanted, which I think would have fit her much better. I blame the husband, of course, who hated all the names I liked but failed to come up with any alternatives. Of course.