Tuesday, March 17, 2009

That One Percent Could be Very Important, You Know

I used to wear very expensive sunglasses.

That was before I figured out I keep losing them.

So, now my sunglasses run the gamut, with sixty bucks being the top amount I've spent in the last ten years, and as low as 1.99 from Big Lots for a throwaway pair to keep somewhere in the car if I need them.

I was looking for an extra pair at Target, got the approval from Hubba-hubba as to their not-ugliness, and then took them out of the bag at home.

I started to take the annoying sticker they put on the front which blares the UV protection at you.

Except, mine said "99% UV protection."

WTF?

Would it have killed them to throw in that extra one freaking percent?

6 comments:

Chris said...

So glad to see that you still have your awesome sense of humor! ;)

Liz said...

It's like Ivory soap being 99.9% pure. It's all the lawyers, dude. By the way, what's up with your other site? I can't get there.

Patois said...

Hee hee hee. Mine are so cheap, I sincerely doubt they offer the elusive 1%, much less the other 99%.

Gina said...

Liz, our server crashed.

But, at least I'm getting a three day vacation from writing!

J at www.jellyjules.com said...

I pink puffy heart a pair of $500 sunglasses, but even if I could afford them, I would never buy them, because I always lose them, too. I might spend $20, but rarely more than that.

gmcountrymama said...

Mine have soo many scratches on them, I'm sure I even have less protection.