Hell Has Frozen Over

I threw everything I had at him.

Every lie, every example of ineptitude, every "Mission Accomplished" scenario.

I even threatened to withhold sex.

Because dude, I just cannot have sex with someone who is going to vote for John McCain. I already felt dirty enough that Hubba-hubba cast a vote for George Bush, but McCain 2.0 was the last straw.

And lo and behold, the fiscal conservative that I live with, who has voted for a Republican presidential candidate since he was 18 (except for Ross Perot, he hasn't ever really admitted to voting for Perot, but I think he did) has changed his allegiance.

He is going to leave the Republican party and register as an Independent.

And baby, I never thought I would say that a certain political persuasion was a turn-on, but at least I go to bed with a clear conscience and finally be able to give up resisting the urge to suffocate him with his pillow.

Comments

dr sardonicus said…
I'm sure that it was the threat to withhold sex that did it...
pixie4bears said…
Haha! Withholding sex! Ahh the power..
dgm said…
So I guess congratulations are in order?
Suzanne said…
Hey, congratulations! You must be very persuasive. With your ability to marshal the evidence to support your points, I mean.
Eunice Burns said…
Brilliant! Now for the rest of the state...

Apathy Lounge
Autumn's Mom said…
Holy moly! You have some power of persuasion! Good for him!! I am doing the same. Tell him I know how he feels but it's definitely time for a change.
Maternal Mirth said…
Wow ... no words. Utter admiration.

Wishing I was half as persuasive ... or sexy. Maybe I am not sexy enough ...
Nance said…
...not gonna be the one to burst your bubble...
Ted said…
Tell HH to call me ... We'll go fishing, or maybe some paintball. :-)
J said…
I was wondering what you and Hubba Hubba think about this stupid budget that the legislators are trying to pass in Sacramento. Crazy, huh?
Liz said…
Welcome to independence HH! Seriously though Gina, you must be a spitfire in bed to get him to change. Although, the voting booth only hold one person and really, who knows who one votes for in the end...?
Jess T said…
That is true for my husband as well! :) Now THAT should tell you something. Even the repubs are getting fired up.
Scout said…
Good for you! I'm afraid that will never happen here, though. Sigh.

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

All I Saw was a Beard and a Moustache