Take a Picture, It'll Last Longer

Today I got my hair done. We had to start putting more blonde into the mix, as my hair is getting grayer and grayer, even though I'm not even freaking forty yet. Sigh. I inherited the early salt gene, but it looks much better on my Dad than it ever could on me.

Anyhoo, I went to the salon while Mr. P was at school, and went directly from there to pick him up.

I was chatting with another mom when the door to the classroom opened. "Oh, your hair looks so good!" said the teacher. "Oh yes, it looks fantastic!" chimed the other mom, "I was going to say something, I love it!"

Well, ok then. I'm glad everyone is liking my hair. I am feeling pretty darn good about myself at this point in time.

Then on the way out to the car, I saw another mom and she said, "Oh look, somebody got their hair done! I love the color!"

All right, hold on a minute. My good feelings are now significantly deflated.

Either I need a modeling contract this very minute, or the gushing over my hair is just evidence that my hair normally looks like crap.

I'm guessing it's the latter.

Comments

Steph said…
The exact same thing happened to me last week. I'm not one to normally fuss over my hair, but still. When every single mom in the preschool, Tae Kwon Do school, and on the street makes a comment, I felt like they were telling me something. ;-)
Quiskaeya said…
lol.Nawwww...you just look fabu, as always, that's all!
Awesome Mom said…
They were just envious that they were not as hot as you.
Sunshine said…
They don't say anything the rest of the time because they're too distracted by your huge boobies.
Maternal Mirth said…
You always look great after you leave the salon. It's how they keep you coming back ... because when you try to blow-dry and style your hair the way they did ... never quite comes out the same. Not that you normally look like crap, NO! You are both fabulous and dead sexy.
... Paige said…
hey when folks tell me that my do looks good it's just because I remembered to run my fingers through it and got some of the flat spots puffed up or some of the sticky upies laid down a bit.
I'm sure you do looks fab.
Well, if you showed us a PICTURE we could let you know!

:)

Heidi

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

All I Saw was a Beard and a Moustache