The lovely Patois tagged me ages ago for a meme, and now since it is Tuesday night and I am tired, I figured that it is time for the "Fours" meme. Brace yourselves. For what I don't know, it just sounded really cool and dramatic.
Four Jobs I've Had
1. Summer Camp Counselor. If you were a nice kid, I was the best counselor ever. If you were a crappy kid, then every day was a fresh hell.
2. Library Clerk. I've alluded before to the way my dreams were shattered at this job. Liking books ain't enough, people.
3. Assistant Women's Volleyball Coach, Unnamed Junior College. You would never know it to look at me now, but I was quite the athelete in my day. Volleyball and everything volleyball was my world from the age of 14 to 21.
4. Research Supervisor. My last job in the working world, I was employed at a famous and oft-quoted in the media think-tank. I worked on various studies, ranging from breast cancer to terrorism to education to Gulf War veterans to the mentally ill and their treatment. It was at once the most satisfying and most frustrating job ever.
Four Movies I Could Watch Over and Over
Let me just say that I could watch many, many movies over and over again. I love movies.
1. The Lord of the Rings
2. Hot Fuzz
3. Forever Young. Let's just forget the boozy, crazy Mel Gibson and remember him as he once was, damn hot. I watch this not for the plot, but to drool.
4. The Nightmare Before Christmas. Danny Elfman is a musical hero of mine, and he wa totally robbed of an Oscar for this.
Four TV Shows I Like – Reality Version
1. Sixty Minutes. I think it's reality, anyway.
2. Frontline. The BEST.NEWS.SHOW.EVER
3. Almost anything on HGTV
4. DWTS, I guess. It depends on the people. This season, I didn't really watch at all.
Four TV Shows I Like – Non-reality Version
2. Battlestar Galactica (new version)
3. Grey's Anatomy
4. Ugly Betty
Four Places I've Gone on Vacation
1. Chicago. Did I ever write that we got caught in the rain and I practically qualified as a wet T-shirt contest contestant? Here's some California for ya, baby!
2. New Orleans. Loved the city, loved the beignets.
3. Hawaii. What can I say, it's Hawaii?
4. Puerto Rico. A complete white girl, I learned some Spanish really fast. I thought I was going to die when we were flying to the main airport from the other side of the island. The plane was a small ten-seater and we kept getting whooshed around by the winds. I vividly remember the bead curtain separating passengers from the pilots swinging like crazy.
Four Favorite Foods
1. Fettucine Alfredo. Which I never eat any more, since it is a heart attack on a plate.
2. A good, thick steak. No vegetarian tendencies over here.
3. A really good sandwich. With the right bread and the right filling, I love them!
4. Caramel Brioche French Toast. Yummmm...
Four Web sites I Visit Daily
1. Los Angeles Times
2. Orange County Register
3. Teeny Manolo. Ha, like you didn't see that one coming.
4. Pandora. Me likes some music.
Four Places I Would Rather Be
1. In bed.
2. At the beach. With no one else there, thank you.
3. On a date with my husband. Anywhere.
4. Lake Tahoe. Summer or winter.