Well, yes, I do if I want to stay in the game.
A meme is in order, don't you think?
Back in October, my friend Margaret from Just Me tagged me with an "8 Random Things About My Wedding" meme, and right now seems a good time to do it.
1. Nothing went wrong at my wedding. Unless you count the fact that the Yankees were playing in the World Series that night and lost the game. Which I don't. And actually, Hubba-hubba has many a time told me that they haven't won a World Series since we got married. Can you tell he likes to blame me for things?
2. I got married in the evening, and had the reception in the same place as the wedding.
3. The place we got married is a historical mansion with grounds, so it felt like they were in two separate places. At least, it did to me. And I'm the only one that counts.
4. My sister, tired and having not eaten all day due to helping out, was a little tipsy at the toast given by the matron of honor, and wound up saying a few phrases which Hubba-hubba and I repeat often. "Love isn't all wine and roses, you know. Love is also about throwing up in the toilet and being there to clean it." Classic. And classy.
5. Actually my wedding was very classy, with candles, candles everywhere. We even had candles hanging from the beautiful century-old oaks that surrounded our reception area.
6. I didn't even get my nails done. I swiped a bit of polish over them at the very last minute.
7. Hubba-hubba, even though he didn't say it at the time, hated my hair and makeup. He thought it was overdone, and was annoyed that my very long (at the time) hair was all up in an elaborate bun.
8. The best appetizers that we served, I never even got to taste. Everyone kept telling me about them, though.
So there, 8 random facts that will now allow you to sleep better at night. Feel free to take the meme for yourself!