Do I HAVE to?

Well, yes, I do if I want to stay in the game.

So.

A meme is in order, don't you think?

Back in October, my friend Margaret from Just Me tagged me with an "8 Random Things About My Wedding" meme, and right now seems a good time to do it.

1. Nothing went wrong at my wedding. Unless you count the fact that the Yankees were playing in the World Series that night and lost the game. Which I don't. And actually, Hubba-hubba has many a time told me that they haven't won a World Series since we got married. Can you tell he likes to blame me for things?

2. I got married in the evening, and had the reception in the same place as the wedding.

3. The place we got married is a historical mansion with grounds, so it felt like they were in two separate places. At least, it did to me. And I'm the only one that counts.

4. My sister, tired and having not eaten all day due to helping out, was a little tipsy at the toast given by the matron of honor, and wound up saying a few phrases which Hubba-hubba and I repeat often. "Love isn't all wine and roses, you know. Love is also about throwing up in the toilet and being there to clean it." Classic. And classy.

5. Actually my wedding was very classy, with candles, candles everywhere. We even had candles hanging from the beautiful century-old oaks that surrounded our reception area.

6. I didn't even get my nails done. I swiped a bit of polish over them at the very last minute.

7. Hubba-hubba, even though he didn't say it at the time, hated my hair and makeup. He thought it was overdone, and was annoyed that my very long (at the time) hair was all up in an elaborate bun.

8. The best appetizers that we served, I never even got to taste. Everyone kept telling me about them, though.

So there, 8 random facts that will now allow you to sleep better at night. Feel free to take the meme for yourself!

Comments

dr sardonicus said…
OK, so it was you who cursed the Yankees! On behalf of myself and millions of baseball fans everywhere, thank you.
Laura said…
It sounds just perfect. And I posted today just because I had to.
Awesome Mom said…
I didn't get my nails done either.
Cherry said…
Today is totally a MeMe day!

I also didn't get my nails done because I did the flowers the night before and knew I'd ruin them anyway, and I forgot the clear polish to take care of them while getting ready, which is fine because I had no time. But the toes were cute, which makes no sense because I wore tennis shoes so no one saw them.

I totally wanted to hang candles from the Oaks at our site but due to fire hazards they weren't allowed.
I love the idea of candles everywhere. And getting married in an old mansion. Sounds amazing.

Heidi
chichimama said…
I didn't get any appetizers either! And I am still rather bitter about it.

My nails were done, with tips and everything, and I couldn't do a blessed thing because of it.
Steph said…
I missed out on the appetizers, too!
Liz said…
I didn't get to eat much at my wedding either.

You are right...it does sound very classy!
Anvilcloud said…
Women have thing about putting their hair UP, but I'm not sure that most males find it particularly appealing.
dgm said…
Yes anvilcloud, what is it about women putting their hair up on their wedding day?

I ripped my wedding dress under the armpit all the way up to the shoulder before the reception was over. Sooo classy.
J said…
Hmmm....very cute meme! Sorry hubba didn't like your hair. ;)
Nance said…
I hope you didn't smash wedding cake all over each other's faces. I think that's just horrid. Why do some couples do that? It's a terrible way to start a life together...symbolic violence and public humiliation?
Heidi said…
Hilarious, I am still laughing at #4!
I love candles!! Good job and thanks for playing along!!
Chelle said…
The baseball thing reminds me of our second wedding (long story). October of 2004, just outside Boston, first night of the World Series. We breathed a sigh of relief that the Yankees hadn't gotten to the series since my brother has season tickets and the rest of the family are die-hard fans. But lots of our friends are Sox fans, one even worked for them back then and had to duck out before dinner to get back to work. Our bartender was instructed that part of his job was to provide regular updates on the game.

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

All I Saw was a Beard and a Moustache