My Reign is Over

I knew it was going to happen.

I just didn't think it would be this soon.

I am officially persona-non-grata in my own house.

Oh sure, I'm good for baking and getting his lunch and taking him to the Aquarium and the park, and pretty much everywhere else.

But, I am no longer the apple of his eye. He no longer prefers to sit next to me when we go out.

Nope, the time has come for Dad-worship.

And to be honest, there is no other man in the world that I would rather Mr. Personality look up to than his father. His Dad is one of the most kind and honorable men in the world, and he would do well to follow in his footsteps.

It's just that I have had almost five years of being number one.

And dang, it hurts a bit to all of a sudden be bumped to number two.

My sister says I should take full advantage of the turn of events. That I should just walk away and say, "OK, you two get to hang out! Buh-bye!" And I'm sure eventually I'll get to that point.

But for now, all that gives me solace is that whenever boys and men get on TV or whatever, what's the first thing that comes out of their mouth?

You got it. "Hi Mom!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

Friday Poll