Day 3 of Captivity

Dear Mom and Dad,

Well, I'm still here and I don't think I'm going anywhere anytime soon.

I mean, the lady went ahead and transferred me from the tiny box I got brought here in to this deluxe penthouse. I mean, it is swanky with a capital S. I've got two plants, one of which even glows in the dark! It creeped me out a little at first, but I'm getting used to it. But I've got this nice blue gravel and a filter and a pirate skull that has places to hide. And it's rent free!

The little one has named me probably fifty different names. First I was "Fish" and then "Fishy" and then "Captain Hook," followed by "Captain Crook." Really, that kid has some nerve. I've never stolen anything! But finally they seem to have arrived at "Brainster." Why, I'm really not sure, but I can live with it.

I'm getting used to them coming into the room, and I no longer think they are going to eat me. The kid has been known to be a bit loud, but now that I know he's fairly harmless, I can deal. He likes to put his face right up to the tank, and he looks funny.

I like to swim about happily, shaking my tail. Well, sometimes I do it just to freak them out. It's not exactly the most exciting place in the world, and I need some diversion, you know?

But, the lady sometimes comes in the room and talks to me. I think she's lonely. She needs some friends.

Love,
Brainster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

Friday Poll