At Least I've Got an Oar

I am stuck in the ugly netherworld between denial and acceptance.

You see, I have cried and I have talked and I have done everything I can productively do to mourn the loss of my second child. I am feeling able to finally change out of my pajamas and actually have the energy to do some cleaning.

Even though my sister said I was absolved for at least two weeks from making any decisions harder than what to wear and what to eat, I think I am at a point where I can have a fairly clear-headed perspective on things.

Or is that a classic case of denial?

What has helped me most is that I have a little boy here who needs his mommy, not some mopey shadow of a mommy who listlessly goes through the day. If there is anything that has helped to motivate me past this, it has been Mr. Personality. I have this fierce desire to shield him from any of my pain. From the first day I began bleeding, I promised myself that he would know nothing, and I have been very successful. I would never want to burden a four year old with what happened, and maybe at some point down the line it will come up as a topic, but not for a long while.

So, then, have I moved into the acceptance stage or is there a river in Egypt I need to become familiar with? Does the mere fact that I can think it's possible that I am in denial mean that I'm not?

I'm not sure, but I think either way, I'll take it.

Probably after the 4th of July, I will get back to regular posting about regular things. Again, thank you all so much. You are wonderful, kind people whose words have helped me to heal. I haven't felt much like commenting, as I can't think of anything clever to say, but I am sure I will get back into the swing of things soon.

And, for anyone who thinks I did the redesign myself, I didn't! I think if you go down to the very bottom of my blog, there will be a link to the site where I lifted it from. I did some minor tweaking of things, but the main design is all hers!

Much love, and talk to you soon...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

All I Saw was a Beard and a Moustache