He's Not the Boss of Him, Now

I almost hesitated to write this, because I'm not really sure what it says about my dear son. But, it is vintage Mr. P, so for the ages, I have to record this, good or bad.

Last Friday his preschool had an end-of-the-year picnic. They had bounce houses for all the kids, and if there's anything Mr. P loves, it's bouncing around.

So, he dragged his best buddy N into one of them, and they commenced having a grand old time. N's mom was off chasing after her toddler, so I was watching both boys. I see N climb out of the bounce house, a dejected look on his face. He is sitting on the little step that you climb on to get into the bounce house. I am confused, because I figure if he doesn't want to bounce anymore, why stay right on the step?

He sits there for quite a while, with the same look on his face. I walk up to him and try to ask him if there is anything wrong. Well, N can be shy at times, even though he knows me. So, he was mumbling something that I didn't really hear, and I asked him twice but still couldn't make out his answer. Unfortunately, I didn't press him, and just sort of did the "ohhhh" sound you make when you are pretending you know what the other person has just said. The sad look he gave me as I walked away makes so much sense now.

Dude is sitting there for at least ten minutes, and I am about to go over and ask him again when Mr. P climbs out and tells N, "OK, you can come back in now, your time out is over."

What have I unleashed upon the world?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

All I Saw was a Beard and a Moustache