A Club I Never Wanted to be a Member Of

One of Hubba-hubba's favorite stories of the birth of Mr. Personality was that it took about three doctors to pull him out of me. Apparently, he didn't really want to leave.

And this baby tried its hardest not to leave as well, but after seven weeks of fighting to stay, lost that fight last night.

I think that words kind of fail me to describe what it was like to be pregnant, and then less than three hours later, not be pregnant anymore. I would like to think I am lucky that it occurred in the late hours of the night, as my tired mind valiantly attempted to just sort of block out what was going on. Pure exhaustion took over at about 3am and I was at least able to sleep.

To literally feel a life leaving your body is mind and soul wrenching to a degree I never knew existed. It is an experience I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

I look back on how I handled things, especially telling people right away that I was pregnant. Having been through a successful pregnancy, I guess I never really figured that I would have such difficulties, much less a miscarriage. I don't think I would have done things any differently, because I think my friends and family would rather have gone through the experience with me, rather than learning about it after the fact.

I would like to thank you all again for all of your support and kind wishes. They truly helped me a great deal, and I will be forever grateful to have "met" such wonderful people.

I know that in most cases like mine, the body knows what it is doing. There is usually a very good reason that nature decides that a pregnancy is not working, and feels the need to end it.

At least, that is what I am going to keep telling myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

All I Saw was a Beard and a Moustache