I'm Just a Cute Little Monkey In This Concrete Jungle

Today, a driver cut me off. This happens often in the jungle that is the greater LA freeway system, but this one was a doozy. He decided that because the car in front of him was going too slow for his taste, that he should insert himself directly in front of me in the approximate two car length space I had from the former-car-in-front-of-me.

I am not a patient driver, that is well known by anyone that knows me. But seriously, I do not cut other drivers off. I hate it when it happens to me, and I'm just nice like that.

But today, for some reason, I became frustrated with this particular driver. Did I flip him off? Did I shake my fist and scream? No, I simply lifted my hand up off the steering wheel in a "what the heck?" kind of manner. You can picture it, I know you can.

Then, this cutter decides to get angry and honk his horn at me as I get out of the lane and pass him. I didn't get in front of him, I merely went in the other lane on my own merry way. Like I had the audacity to have some sort of reaction to his rudeness. Well, he was going to teach the cuttee a lesson about getting upset with the actions of drivers like him.

People who act in this manner, I can in no way, shape, or form, understand. First of all, it was bad enough that he put me in danger just to go a bit faster. Then, when I actually rather lamely call him on his move, he feels completely justified in gettting angry with me as if he was the injured party.

Yet, people with this attitude seem to abound in the world. Either that, or I am some sort of jerk-magnet.

Either way, I just don't get it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

Friday Poll