Hair Apparent

I think I am going to cut my hair off.

Well, not all of it, I'm nowhere near pulling a Britney Spears, but at least six or seven inches. Which would put the length to my shoulders.

You see, I have recognized in myself a need for change. All this whining and bitching is really just a rather impotent cry for help. Things in my life need to be shaken up, so to speak. And although Hubba-hubba's schedule has changed, I need it to be a change that I have some amount of control over. I think there is a huge difference in choosing to change something rather than having a change imposed upon you.

Am I right?

I had very short hair for a goodly portion of my life, and maybe I will revisit the very short hair look when I am a grandma, but not yet. But is it bad form for a 36 year old to have long hair? Isn't thirty the new twenty or something of the sort, so shouldn't I be ok? Even if forty is the new thirty, I still might be able to slide in.

My one stipulation is that I retain enough length to put it up in a ponytail. The summers are just too hot to have some sort of in-between style that cannot be pulled off of my neck. Oh, and that I keep the current look of no bangs as well. Ok, so I have two stipulations, but hey, it's my hair. You see, I have a very low forehead, and bangs just seriously look stupid on me. I look like I have no forehead at all, just a smaller, perhaps slightly better groomed version of Cousin It.



Yeah, that's about right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

All I Saw was a Beard and a Moustache