The Year Of?

So 2007 will be the year I get pregnant again.

Or not.

You see, I have given myself until about June. And if it hasn't happened by then, I'm afraid it just isn't gonna happen.

Will my thyroid condition be under control by then? Will I have lost enough weight? Will I even be able to conceive at all, considering I will be 36 this March? Couple that with the difficulty in conceiving with a low TSH count, and all bets are off.

It may be selfish of me to be setting this deadline, but I know of no other way in which I can keep my sanity.

I have to be totally honest with myself. If I do that, I have to admit that I honestly don't want more than six years between my children. It may not be a choice that everyone would agree with, but it is the choice that works best for me.

I have a doctor's appointment on the 10th of this month. I tried to tell him last time that the clock was "ticking" for me, and that I am starting to get frustrated with the lack of progress. He didn't really seem to care, so this time either he is going to "get" it or I will probably try to find another doctor more amenable to going at a bit of a faster pace than the glacial one I am now on.

I think it is the fact that I have no control over what is going on is what annoys me the most. Perhaps that is why I have set the timetable that I have, in order to wrest some semblance of order and timeliness from circumstances that provide me with none.

So, the waiting game begins...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

Friday Poll