Meme Me Some More

Oh argh. You know, I found myself being unable to put together a coherent thought tonight because I am pissed off that Lost is not going to be on again until February. I know, I'll repeat it in dazed shock with you. FEBRUARY! What kind of freakin' show is on for less than two montha and then takes a four month hiatus? The humanity!

So, in lieu of something original, which I just don't have in me, the lovely and talented J tagged me with a meme. For which I am grateful, and you should be as well, or else there was going to be a completely lame post about like, my adolescent obsession with Duran Duran. Oh... Wait...


“KNOW THYSELF” TAG!

What is/are YOUR:

Easy how-to ways to beat a bad mood?

Well now, it depends on the type of bad mood, doesn't it? There are so many reasons to be in a bad mood, and each type of bad mood has different things that will help. If I'm just in a run-of-the-mill bad mood because the laundry needs folding, I will choose to ignore the task at hand and watch something funny. Arrested Development is a sure-fire bet to get me giggling.

If it is a more serious bad mood as in I-just-heard-my-grandmother-say-she-is-scared to-drive-with-my-ninety-year-old-grandfather, something like listening to some really good music will help me to not think about it. Sort of the adult equivalent to putting my fingers in my ears and saying, "Nyah, nyah, I can't hear you."

I'm all about the denial.

Never-fail lip color?

To be honest, it changes with the season. When I am tan, I look better in a completely different color than when I am winter-pale. In my "tan" period, I like the Stila Sport lipstick in Coral. It's light and glossy and smells like marshmallows. What's not to like?

When I have lost some color, I dig out my Chanels, which tend to be more pigmented. But, I am a lipstick whore anyway, so the colors are always changing.

Personality type (via myersbriggs)?

INTP. I like to think of myself as an extrovert as I have no problem dealing with people, but when they ask me if I would rather be at a party where I know absolutely no one or reading on the sofa, of course I am going to answer sofa. Perhaps in my early twenties I would have answered party, but people, I'm old and tired. Sofa is pretty much the only option anymore.

Greatest strengths and weaknesses (like in a job interview)?

Man, I haven't been on a job interview in over seven years.

One of my greatest strengths is the ability to be a leader. I have no problem stepping up to the plate when things need to be done. People usually listen to me because I can talk a pretty good game. The funny thing is, depending on the job I am interviewing for, that could be a bad thing. Nobody likes to feel threatened.

Ok, weakness. Ummmm, I'm going to say that I have a difficult time firing people. I have had to do it a few times and it never gets any easier. Actually, the one guy I would have taken great pleasure in firing and who I recommended many times to be cut, was fired after I left on maternity leave. Damn.

Names of the trees in your yard?

Crepe Myrtle in the front. It has the most beautiful purple flowers. And as for my "backyard" technically it is a park, so I look out and see hundreds of trees, some of which are many, many stories high and which I have no name for.

Mother-in-law’s favorite flower?

Roses. Predictable. I don't like my mother-in-law. Not because of her predictability, just because she makes me want to pull my hair out and scream.

Because I can't resist a good MIL story, here's the one of the latest: MIL has only put up portraits of her only daughter's children on her hallway wall, thus ignoring all of the grandchildren from the three of her four sons that currently have children. So four kids up on the wall, six not. Such blatant favoritism is just wrong, if you ask me. There is no way a kid doesn't pick up on it, which is just one of the myriad reasons why we don't interact with her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

All I Saw was a Beard and a Moustache