Honestly

All right, I liked Kvetch's "Honest Thankfulness" post so very much that I am going to steal the idea. Hey, at least I'm an honest thief.

I am of course grateful for all the big "obvious" things- my health, my family, my home, etcetera. But there are also dumb little things that sometimes make my day that much better due to their existence, despite their relative insignificance.

Kvetch (aka Amy) used the number of years she has graced the earth with her presence, and I figure that is as good a number as any for myself as well. Perhaps not the gracing the earth part, though. I think the earth just sort of puts up with me. And maybe wishes I would shut up once in a while.

Anyhoo, here goes:

1. Bloglines
2. Iced Tea
3. My favorite pair of Brighton earrings
4. The six disc CD changer in my car
5. Beautiful art
6. Knives that cut properly
7. Ice Cubes
8. All of my blogging buddies
9. Bras that do what they are supposed to and don't hurt
10. Trashy magazines
11. Living on the West Coast, CA specifically
12. Chocolate covered pretzels
13. Rugs/carpet
14. Running water and toilets (seriously!)
15. My yummy perfumes
16. Lipstick
17. The beach and my deluxe beach chair
18. Hot showers
19. Stars
20. Big, thick towels
21. Touch-tone phones (as opposed to rotary dial)
22. Trader Joe’s Organic Brown Rice
23. Sunsets
24. Old flannel pajamas
25. Good shoes
26. Radio Nigel
27. My KitchenAid Blender
28. Oven mitts
29. Plants and Trees
30. My camera
31. The smell of rain
32. The view of trees, mountains, and lights from my home
33. MP3's
34. Professionally applied hair color
35. Paper towels

Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

All I Saw was a Beard and a Moustache