Trust Me, You Don't Want the Trophy

If there was an award for "Most Idiotic Move" of the week, I would so totally win.

I was baking a pizza in the oven, and I am going to plead that I was really hungry, so that was a contributing factor.

In my haste to get the pizza out, I did not pull the door open all the way, and it was at an angle instead of being parallel to the floor.

You see where this is going, right?

Yes, I badly burned my left hand knuckle because I was so lazy that I could not be bothered to open the oven properly.

The worst part?

It was the second time in a month. In the exact same spot, and it was only partially healed. The only way I got any relief even after running cool water on it for ten minutes was to take a prescription-level anti-inflammatory.

So with my blackened left hand, I will humbly accept my first place trophy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

Friday Poll