Do I Have Your Attention?

So this is me on the phone with my Dad not too long ago:

Dad: How was your weekend?

Me: Oh, it was really fun.

Him: Good, good to hear.

Me: Yeah, we went to the beach and Mr. Personality actually did some body surfing!

Him: That's great!

Me: Then we went out to eat, but the waitress wasn't really very professional.

Him: Oh, mmmmm...

Me: We had to wait twenty minutes for our check.

Him: Mmmmm, I see....

Me: But then, she realized that she had been a bad waitress and gave us our whole meal for free, and even gave us dessert!

Him: (pause) Ahhhh, you don't say...

Me: Yes, and then our car got stolen in the parking lot and we decided just to steal another one to get home, so now we have a 2004 Mercedes!

Him: Ohhh, is that so?


You see, about halfway through our discussion, my father made his way over to his computer and from his reaction to the things I said, found his email more interesting than my play by play. Now, I will be the first to admit that it wasn't exactly scintillating stuff, but hey, he asked. My first clue was the distrated tone of his voice, not to mention the vauge replies. Then, it's even worse when you can hear the clackety-clack of the keyboard in the background. But I forgive him, he doesn't do it all that often.

Next time, I'll be sure to ask for something, like a weekend of babysitting.

Nah.

I think a blank check will do nicely.

Comments

Atasha said…
Oooh, I hate that but it's good that you're not too upset or upset at all. I will forgive my mom if she did also, but I had a friend who always did it when she would call me on the phone. Whether it was looking at TV or on the computer and I simply told her one day as I had had enough, Listen call me back and we could talk when you're not so busy. I don't like talking to anyone who isn't giving me their full attention and that was the end of that!

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

Friday Poll