You Wanna Know Me, Huh?

So I don't pay really close attention to how people arrive here at my blog. Oh sure, I have admitted my addiction to the World Map feature of SiteMeter, but other than that, I rarely go looking in-depth for who, exactly, all my lovely readers are.

But, and you knew there would be a "but" didn't you? Ah readers, you are also so very intelligent as well as lovely.

But on the referral page, there was an entry that caught my eye. It had something like "session login ID/blah blah/jerk company name/blah blah."

What was that?

So I clicked on it, as SiteMeter turns it into a handy link.

I got to a page that said "Session Ended/Login Required" and because I also am so very intelligent, and humble, I managed to find the source of all these shenanigans.

Hello, Unnamed Jerk Company! I would never do you the favor of actually listing your name, because publicity is something I would so never want to give you.

According to the company's website, Unnamed Jerk Company is devoted to being:

a consumer intelligence company that analyzes and distills the opinions and perceptions of the online world – consisting of more than 22 million blogs, message boards, opinion sites and other public forums – into actionable insights about companies, products, people and issues.


Basically, they are in league with advertisers and snoop around the World Wide Web (is it still really supposed to be capitalized anymore?) searching for what us nice, unsuspecting bloggers have to say about products and the like.

Well, let me tell you, Unnamed Jerk Company, I don't know how I got onto your little list, but I want off! In return, I will tell you things about me that you probably wish you had never found out.

I drive a Honda.
I have a Panasonic HD television.
I use Beyond tampons.
I buy Kleenex brand.
I drink Diet Caffiene Free Coke by the caseload
I love tea, Paradise is a store-bought favorite.
I own a toy by probably every brand maker.
My vases are Waterford.
My plastic cups are from Target.
I use Crest toothpaste.
I use mostly lotions from Bath and Bodyworks.
I use the Intuition razor.
I use Paul Mitchell mousse for my hair.
I buy OPI nail polish almost exclusively.
I buy regular unleaded gasoline, 87 octane.
I use Huggies diapers/pull-ups.
For household items, what I don't buy at Costco, I buy at Target.
I buy organic milk, vegetables, and fruit whenever humanly possible.
I like chicken, my freezer contains 20 frozen breasts at this very moment.
My son likes chicken nuggets.
The first word my son could read was the stylized "Disney" logo.
I own a Canon Powershot digital camera.
I floss on a fairly regualar basis.
My husband and I rarely buy Lotto tickets.
I own an iPod shuffle.
My husband is a Yankee fan.
I have more Bob the Builder items in my home than I care to admit.
I wear Oakley sunglasses.
I wear Adidas and Nike shoes.
Old Navy is my friend.
We own three vehicles.
We own our home.
My living room lamps are from Linens and Things.
I have a Lane recliner.
In every room of the house, there is a ChapStick.
I eat Crispix cereal.
I use Coppertone sunscreen.
I use Charmin toilet paper.
I apply MiracleGro to my plants.
I eat Milton multigrain bread.
We have ten cups of Yoplait yogurt in our refrigerator, which is a Kenmore.

Ok, I think that about covers my buying habits.

Now, go away.

Comments

chichimama said…
LOL! Now I feel like I really know you! Our list is very similar except I kill plants, so clearly don't use miraclegro, and we are a pampers family.
Anonymous said…
what is your opinion on the ipod shuffle? have you had any trouble with battery life?

I stumbled on your web site and saw where you mentioned it. I am wanting to get one but heard negative things about the battery issue.

Thanks
Suzanne said…
I use Huggies diapers/pull-ups.

I haven't completely processed this list of insightful factoids about my favorite SoCalGal because I got to that item and started giggling uncontrollably. Is it just me?

I'll be back later after I catch my breath.

Suzanne
Gina said…
Well, hello anonymous. I wasn't sure if you were joking about wanting to know about my iPod, or if you were one of my special friends being silly, but I will go ahead and answer your question.

I have had no issues with the iPod shuffle battery life. It runs usually for 8 or so hours on a full charge. To be sure, it has given out on me at inconvenient times, but in the overall scheme of things, not that big a deal. I have been using it for almost a year, and it is still able to be recharged.

So, I hope my little review has been helpful. But then again, I mainly use it when I am cleaning the house, so I guess it isn't used all that often.
Anonymous said…
thanks for the feedback. I was not a silly friend pulling your chain.
I accidentally found your blog when i was reading POWs blog( i knew her when she lived on the East Coast)

Thanks again
Gina said…
Anonymous, you will have to forgive me as I have had comments left by Bertrand the Wild Monkey and Frank the Leaky Pipe god.

I thought perhaps they were taking a different tack and not leaving a name.

Amy is a great gal!
Liz said…
Did you get those chicken breasts at Costco? I just bought a big bag of them today myself.
Heather Plett said…
Too funny. I was just told that one of the main purposes behind Air Miles cards is so that they can study our buying habits and market to us more effectively. Silly me - I thought they were for getting me free airline tickets! Guess I was naive to think they didn't have some deep dark secret behind them.

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

All I Saw was a Beard and a Moustache