Behind Door Number One

So chichimama wants to know "...favorite thing to do without Mr. Personality. And favorite thing to do with Mr. Personality."

Can I just say, horrible selfish mother that I am, that I like to do just about anything without Mr. Personality?

From being able to sit on the computer without an interruption, to eating a meal in peace, curling up and reading a book without a grimy face attempting to place himself between the book and my face, to shopping unencumbered by a small person who refuses to sit nicely in the cart, I like it all.

I don't know if it is a phase he is currently going through, but he is uncanny in his impersonation of a barnacle, and it is beginning to wear on me. We were all at the park on Sunday, and even Hubba-hubba told him that it was time to cut the umbilical cord, buddy. So after he is asleep, I breathe a deep sigh of relief and wish I could stay up reeeallllyy late so as to get the maximum barnacle-free time.

As for with Mr. Personality, Disneyland has to take the cake. We have annual passes and go quite frequently. He kind of doesn't like some of the rides that have an element of darkness to them, but I figure it will pass.

In fact, we went today and he completely freaked out on the Pirates of the Carribbean. He has been on it before without a problem, and he loves pirates, so we had no qualms about bringing him in. But as the boat began to pull away from the dock, he disliked the darkness and apparently, the frogs. And thus began the pirate ride from hell, (which I am sure it was dubbed by all of our fellow passengers) as he treated everyone to the various decibel and pitch levels that he can reach when he is upset. Hey, at least it wasn't crowded, and if they had wanted to, they could have gotten right back on without a wait of more than two minutes. At least, that's what I told myself to make myself feel better about subjecting them to the screams of my son while trapped on a rather small boat.

I mean, it's the Happiest Place on Earth! No tantrums allowed at the Happiest Place on Earth!

Comments

Dani said…
I hear ya...I love my kids, but man, oh, man, do I treasure time to myself. Time alone is like taking a breath of fresh air after living in a smog filled city. This is not to say my kids are smog, but I'm not entirely sure nowadays that they are good for my health either :o)
Liz said…
My youngest, now 13, always hated rides. Except the carousel. She and I spent a lot of time on carousels, while my husband and my oldest went on more adventurous rides. Any suggestion of something more daring sent her into major hissy fits.

It won't be long before Mr. Personality goes off to school and you will have time to do some of those things by yourself. 3 year olds are little Klingons...testing their boundries and generally driving their Moms crazy.
chichimama said…
Thanks! And I agree, pretty much anything (except the dentist) is better without kids in tow right now. We're having similar glue like tendencies over here, but it is times two.

Disneyland, what fun!
Suzanne said…
I miss my little barnacle. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

All I Saw was a Beard and a Moustache