Randomness

After taking six or so RSVP's for my grandparent's 60th anniversary party, I realized that I am now one of "those" people. You know, the ones that sound like they have nothing short of a a three-ring circus going on in the background. Between the microwave going, Mr. Personality's extremely loud trucks, Mr. Personality's even louder personal sound effects, and the radio going on all at the same time, it is a wonder anyone can even hear me on the other end.

Hillary Clinton should not run for President. I am all for a woman president, blah blah... But, this is the wrong race for such a divisive candidate. Democrats need the White House back, as well as the majority of Congress. Hillary is not going to do us any favors in that regard. We need swing voters, and with her on the ticket, we wouldn't get many. Just being practical here...

It seems that it takes longer to actually get ready to go somewhere than the amount of time we spend at the actual destination. I swear, it took us close to an hour and a half to get ready to go to the beach yesterday, and we only spent 3 or so hours there. Between the slathering of sunscreen, packing lunch, packing all the toys and supplies, it takes forever. Or maybe I'm just really slow. Either way, it's irritating.

I blame genetics for my inablity to turn down practically anything made with dough. I got it from my grandfather, whose favorite thing to eat is bread. He, however, has had an overactive thyroid his entire life, and actually weighs less now than when he was a younger man. I have no such trick of the metabolism on my side.

This morning, while having a family meeting about abovementioned anniversary party, my mother kept insisting that we not have a chicken entree, and instead choose the filet mignon and the salmon as menu options. After many minutes of telling her she was outvoted, she still wouldn't give up. I mean, wouldn't you say that more people, especially the many elderly people that will be present at this party, would rather have chicken than salmon? Or are we just being prejudiced?

When I didnt' do something he wanted me to do yesterday morning, Mr. Personality turned to me and said, "Come on, Gina." It was classic Hubba-hubba and I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Then of course came the reminder that he is the only person in the world that can call me Mommy, and should avail himself of that whenever possible.

Comments

Melodee said…
Mmmm, dough. Mmmm, salmon.
Piece of Work said…
I hear you on Hilary Clinton. BUT, I would so love for her to be president I can't really be against it. Though I know you're right. Hmph.

Mr. Personality is too cute, as always.
Suzanne said…
Ayup, I'm with you on the Hillary issue. It's not the right time.

I adore any food crafted from dough. It's a curse.

As to the salmon-chicken debate... since I'm far from elderly I cannot presume to speak for the elderly. Personally, I'd eat either and be grateful. Do the entrees come with bread? :)

Suzanne

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

Friday Poll