Sunday, October 09, 2005

I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up

So I have become more intimately familiar with the fibers of my carpet than I have ever wanted.
Wednesday morning gifted to me the most horrific set of back spasms yet. Unable to walk, I have crawled and moaned my waythrough the house for 5 days now.
I have to say, it's getting a bit stale this point.
If you had told me two weeks ago that I would be lolling around a bed, having other people wait on me hand and foot, I would have been thrilled to hear it.
but, I am more than ready for the screaming agony in my back to go away, already.
Now that I know exactly how dirty my baseboards are, I've got to get going here.

8 comments:

Mel said...

Oh no! That happened to me once. I feel your pain and hope that it departs for good!

Elizabeth said...

Not you too?!! I bent over on Saturday to check out an ailing plant and when I straightened up I was done for. I've been taking Alleve and trying to stretch it out but it hurts like a bitch.

http://nfluxus.net/flux/?p=15

WordsRock said...

My oh my... I'm envisioning Gina and eb both crawling around on their knees nursing their sore backs.

It's not a pretty picture.

Oh. And hope you feel better soon!

Suzanne

Heather said...

Oh man, that sucks!

Piece of Work said...

I have a bad back, too. Absolutely, nothing worse. HOpe you are feeling better soon.

Anvilcloud said...

Is this contagious or something? I had some very discouraging days last week as I enetered into my second month of this nonsense. I've had two physio appointments and one massage, and I finally seem to be mending. But I'm staying off the bike anyway. I hope that this is a shorter ordeal for you than it has been for me. It's blasted frustrating I tell you!!!

Suzanne said...

Oh, I feel your pain (okay, not literally). Back pain is so debilitating. Feel better soon!

Piece of Work said...

Gina, you okay?