I Don't Think He Likes the Color Green Anymore

So up until this point, I have considered myself fairly lucky in the child fear and phobia department. At certain points, Mr. Personality would say he was scared of the dark, and perhaps he was. But, it always promptly went away, and just the other day he was hanging out in his darkened bedroom with no problems.

He does like to sleep with his blankie, though, and I can't say as I blame him. My sister bought him this ultra soft blankie that just totally caresses the skin and feels so very nice. The original cost was around $80, but she got it on sale for half off. Seriously, I would sleep with a blanket like that if I had one.

As we were ready to begin the nightly bedtime story ritual, I realized that blankie, who had been doubling as a magic cape earlier in the afternoon, was still in the kitchen. I told him to go ahead and get it, and he did his adorable little jog out of his bedroom toward the kitchen. The next second, I am confronted with a hysterical, howling, teary Mr. Personality.

It seems that on his way to blankie, he encountered a monster. A green one, I was informed.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, he was so miserable yet so adorable at the same time. I informed him that if he ever saw a monster again, all he had to do was tell it to go away. I told him that the monsters had to listen to him. "Why?" was of course the next question from the child I would possibly like to re-name the "Why Machine." But anyway, I told him that we live here, not the monsters, and so they have to do what we tell them.

That seemed to cheer him up a bit, and together we shouted, "Go away, Monsters!"

I do have the feeling that someone is going to wake up tonight in need of a bit of comforting, however.

Me, of course...

Comments

Suzanne said…
Poor Mr. Personality! I haven't encountered the monster issue yet, but I like your solution. I hope that he still likes his blanket despite the trauma he encountered en route to fetch it!

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

All I Saw was a Beard and a Moustache